We are seeking a dynamic Senior Category Manager who will become an important member of our Online Produce Marketplace (Preferred Network) team. This is a fast-paced role in a rapidly growing company. Senior Category Managers will be responsible for evaluating supply offerings from high-quality growers and matching them with buyers within our Marketplace. Day-to-day activities will stretch across sourcing, price negotiations, supply chain coordination, forecasting, and relationship management for one of the following fresh produce commodities: Tomatoes, Avocados, Peppers, Berries, or Broccoli.
Effective Senior Category Managers will need to have a clear understanding of the fresh produce market, be highly organized, and have managed fresh produce commodities in the past. Successful candidates will be passionate about sourcing the best product available, creating mutually beneficial relationships with growers and buyers, and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to create value for our suppliers and buyers. Senior Category Managers will be expected to own and drive the performance of 1 to 3 fresh produce categories where they have deep expertise.
- Design action plans to build recurring trading relationships between growers and fresh produce buyers
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all Preferred Network account management matters, and demonstrate a willingness to creatively troubleshoot to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships across all trading geographies (US, Mexico, and Latin America)
- Support the development of long-term trading programs
- Analyze user trading and engagement data, identify actionable insights, and report regularly on KPIs
- Coach customers on best trading practices
- Act as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product, operations, and sales
- Influence customer lifetime value through higher product adoption, cross-selling, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish
- 5 to 7 years of experience sourcing in the fresh produce industry (e.g. exporter, importer, distributor, wholesaler), with demonstrated experience supporting both spot and programmatic sales
- 5 years of relevant experience in customer success, implementation, account management, or similar customer-facing role; Sales experience with fresh produce is preferred
- Experience within sourcing departments at retailers would be helpful in this role
- 4-year bachelor’s degree minimum
- Strong network of relationships within the produce industry
- Experience communicating, presenting, and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and email etiquette, and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in challenging situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- Ability to take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them.
- Works collaboratively with peers and always have a team-first attitude
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.