RC Farms LLC. a well-respected, family owned, premium grower with over 50 years of growing high quality fresh vegetables throughout the Monterey, San Benito and Fresno Counties.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Food Safety Specialist to join our team.
The Food Safety Specialist works closely team members in the department. They must be detail-oriented, professional-minded, and always maintain a professional image. Must be honest, trustworthy, and respectful of self and others, demonstrate a strong work ethic. They must also adhere to all Company policies and practices while representing the Company in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with employees, growers, customers, visitors, and government agencies.
We’re looking for someone who:
- High school diploma or years of experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, work beyond normal business hours (early mornings/late evenings), Saturdays will be required with the remote possibility of Sundays.
- Work well under pressure and meet various deadlines
- Be well organized and able to multitask; work independently and manage a project from initiation to completion with minimal supervision
- Proactively communicate task and project updates to manager; discreet handling of all business matters (maintaining confidentiality at all levels)
- 2+ years of experience in food safety and/or quality; directly involved in field audits and policy implementation, general principles in microbiology, sanitation, pest management, and equipment design preferred
- Knowledge of GAP, GMP’s, HACCP, USDA/FDA guidelines as related to the fresh produce industry
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with the ability to communicate, read, write, and translate required; must maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Proficient in various programs, including MS Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) applications and internet research skills; excellent typing and writing skills a must (correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar); excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel to various regions, as needed (Yuma, Oxnard, Huron or any other location). Seasonal relocation is not required. All company travel will be reimbursed.
If this describes you, we’d like to talk.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.