This position assists the head grower to manage all horticulture functions involving variety selection, planting, forecast, yield, and production management of the greenhouse crops.
The Assistant Grower is also responsible for assisting in production matters involving the crop growth, fertilizer applications and pond logistics.
The Assistant Grower is able to work with Priva and can apply scientific techniques to assist in improving the condition and productivity of existing plants.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor short cuts in Priva to ensure greenhouse is at optimal conditions
- Follow directions of head grower in determining appropriate irrigation schedule, and fertilizer application
- Experiment with alternative growing techniques to increase productive yield
- Determines fertilizer and water adjustments as necessary
- Manage plant quality during time on pond controlling size and quality to meet customer requirements
- Leverage expertise to make decisions about variety selection and space utilization and planting schedule
- Prepare regular crop forecasts for packhouse and sales teams
- Required to regularly work weekends and holidays for emergency and alarm coverage to maintain crop at all times
- Maintain accurate records and ensure all duties are properly complete to keep crop at optimal levels
- Employee shall also perform such other duties as are customarily performed by other persons in similar such positions, as well as such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Company
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Horticulture Sciences, Biochemical Engineering, or a related field
- One (1) year of horticulture experience in high technology greenhouses, which includes one (1) year of experience with greenhouse climate management
- Proficient with Priva controls
- Willingness to work all days with appropriate breaks and rest periods on schedule
- Full Time
- PTO or VAC based on location
- Holiday Pay
- 401k plan with 4% company match after 6 months of employment
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and LTD Insurance benefits
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.