Are you interested in a Logistics - Warehouse liaison role that provides support for local and global supply chain activities? Do you have experience in the seed industry in logistics, import/export, supply chain and/or inventory management? Do you want to work for a people-oriented company with excellent benefits? If so, apply for the Coordinator Logistics - Warehouse full-time position at our location in Salinas, California.
The vacancy for a Coordinator Logistics - Warehouse at Rijk Zwaan USA
The purpose of the Coordinator Logistics – Warehouse role is to provide process and procedural support to our Logistics and Warehouse Departments and to act as liaison between these departments for all local and global supply chain activities.
What are the typical responsibilities for the Coordinator Logistics - Warehouse?
- External Processing Orders
- Import/Export - Phytosanitary Certificates
- Sample Orders
- Customer Invoicing
- Assists troubleshooting for shipping issues
- Liaison between Warehouse and Logistics Departments for all local and global supply chain activities
- Support Global Supply Chain Projects as needed - All Crops
- Coordinate Periodic Inventory Counts
- Tracking Shipments - Domestic and International
- Order/replenish packing and shipping materials
- Assists with customer deliveries as needed
- Coordinate and Track Inventory Disposals
- Assists Warehouse Team all activities as needed - back up coverage
- Occasional on-call support weekends for seed delivery or pick up
For this position, we are looking for an energetic, enterprising and self-supporting person with strong numerical ability and attention to detail. You are resourceful and ambitious and you take initiative. Being solutions oriented with a team mentality and a hands-on attitude are indispensable qualities. In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Seed industry and/or supply chain at least 3-5 years experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills (internal and external)
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated – strong initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to execute
- Adapt readily to changes in protocols, process and procedures
- Strong numerical skills
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Health, Dental and Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement and 401k Plan with Employer Matching.
Are you interested in the position?
Please upload your resume and cover letter in your application.
Is Rijk Zwaan your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties and sell the seeds produced from them globally to growers and other chain partners. From our strategic position, we contribute to the world food supply. Everything we do is about healthy growth. The growth of natural and healthy products that we export around the world. The growth of our company and above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.