River Fresh Farms is a major produce company based in Salinas, CA. We are a grower, shipper and packer, of a variety of crops, that sells to top national supermarkets, major wholesalers, and food service companies.
We are seeking an organized, energetic and highly motivated individual to manage the Quality Control and Food Safety Program in McAllen, TX. The position is responsible for the overall implementation and daily management of the QC Program, as well as maintaining an accurate inventory count, and researching any discrepancies.
Requirements, Skills and Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others.
- Must show initiative and commitment to the company goals.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level always.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively.
- Able to communicate clearly with coworkers both in writing and verbally.
- Must possess current knowledge of the industry’s food safety regulations, health and safety and hazard prevention (LGMA, FSMA)
- Ability to learn the Famous inventory program.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and outlook.
- Able to lift 65 pounds over head (this is the weight of a pull box of cucumbers.)
- Able to stand & walk for long periods of time.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to rent a car from a national car rental agency.
- Able to travel each day to various locations and willing to travel out of state for weeks at a time.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Bi-Lingual (English & Spinach preferred)
Qualified candidates should send a resume, including salary history as one document.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.