River Point Farms is seeking a collaborative and results-driven Crop Inventory Manager to direct raw (onion) product from the field into storages and from storages into the Pack and Processing Facilities, as well as the Work-in-Progress (WIP) product inventory.
- Evaluate onion crop in the field to determine best use of product.
- Sample crop for preharvest testing.
- Manage storage inventory and evaluate proper timing and usage of product.
- Create and analyze forecast reports to make data driven decisions on product usage.
- Coordinate and cooperatively work with other departments to resolve issues relevant to the raw quality and usage of product.
- Communicate with farm and operations during growing, storing, and handling of raw products.
- Act as a liaison between the farm operation and onion packing/processing operations.
- Coordinate all activities involving onion inventories to maximize profitability of the enterprise.
- Lead meetings relevant to the inventory and usage of raw products.
- Champion a best-in-class safety program by promoting consistent safety training attendance, compliance with all OSHA and company/industry policies, as well as encouraging the use of PPE and adherence to all other Food Safety and EHS programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience in inventory management, preferably in a farming or food processing environment.
- Proficient computer skills: ability to learn new systems/technology including Microsoft tools and proprietary programs.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Bilingual skills strongly desired.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job which includes: lifting 50lbs, making frequent field visits and walking in uneven terrain, inspecting storage conditions and walking stairs and inclines and visits to all onion facilities to evaluate product disposition success.
- AgReserves offers medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance coverage.
- Additionally, employees can contribute to an FSA, and to an employer matched 401(K).
- Employees can apply for Tuition Assistance for continuing education purposes. All full-time employees are eligible to participate in a discretionary profit-sharing bonus.
- For more detailed information please visit our benefits site: https://www.agreserves.com/benefits/.
Additional Benefits may also include:
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Relocation Assistance