The position will support the establishment and management of our distribution center for both corner stores and organizations. It will also establish a solid foundation to scale our delivery operations to stores and institutions in an efficient and streamlined manner. Position reports to Saba’s Director.
- Establish and lead distribution operations and logistics, including but not limited to managing a purchasing budget for warehouse equipment, facilities maintenance, transportation fleet, etc.; setting up systems for operations; and staff safety.
- Implement the use of warehouse management tools, i.e ERP system.
- Select and implement the use of the delivery routing system.
- Hire and manage warehouse staff, packers, and drivers.
- Train staff on the specifics of safe food handling and quality assurance.
- Collaborating with the Food Safety Manager on completion of all needed food safety audits related to daily operations.
- Implement streamlined processes for inventory management and delivery to corner stores and organizations.
- Perform any distribution/delivery analysis as needed.
- Coordinate with other team members on sales, procurement, and food safety.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other businesses.
- 5–10-year relevant experience in produce or other related distribution perishable goods service. Knowledge of produce perishability, and inventory management needed
- Experience with food safety preferred but not required (will provide training).
- Excel proficiency required. Comfort with technology required (i.e routing systems, pick reports, ERP system)
- Proactive, organized, independent, motivated, and detailed oriented manager.
- Experience in successful people management.
- Position requires ability to drive and a valid driver’s license. Mileage is reimbursed per federal rate.
- $70,000-$80,000. DOE
- Our benefits package includes healthcare and dental
- Preferred hours of operations TBD.
- Early morning hours required (i.e 5-2pm / 7-4pm)
- Start Date Open until filled (ideal start date Oct. 24, 2022)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.