The Industrial Safety/Food Safety Assistant will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment, help develop and maintain all organizations Industrial, Food Safety and Claims Management activities and programs, implement training procedures to comply with all Local, State and Federal Standards. Focus on Sambrailo's continuous improvement of Industrial Safety & Food Safety activities and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help develop, Implement, and train on all safety programs to reduce frequency of accidents and injuries, minimizing overall workers’ compensation costs.
- Help develop, maintain, and train on comprehensive Food Safety Programs to comply with all customer and legal requirements.
- Plan, organize, administer, and supervise Sambrailo’s IIPP & Safety tailgate meetings and other training programs.
- Help prepare for all Sambrailo 3rd Party Food Safety and Industrial Safety Audits, as well as in-house inspections of facilities.
- Transporting of injured employees to local clinic’s and/or hospitals as needed.
- Develops, plans, implements, communicates, and monitors safety policies and programs in compliance with local, state, and Cal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Audit Sambrailo and its suppliers’ operations. provide reports and corrective actions.
- Schedules and performs safety inspections; identifies issues and recommends corrective action.
- Promote Sambrailo Safety Programs by educating employees and customers.
- Oversee and ensure an efficient records maintenance and retention program.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits required safety reports federal/State OSHA. (Cal 300, 300A & 301 Logs).
- Train and maintain employee comprehensive Forklift Certification Program for all Sambrailo facilities.
- Coordinate OSHA inspections risk assessments.
- Interact with external bodies such as local, State or Federal authorities and specialist groups on health and safety issues.
- Investigates accidents and injuries when needed; recommends and/or coordinates corrective actions.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Implements safety training programs designed to instruct employees in general safe work practices plus specific instruction about hazards unique to any job assignment; provides training for new employees.
- Identifies potential safety hazards at all facilities; reports hazards and recommendations for eliminating/reducing to upper management.
- Educating employees about safety rules and regulations, equipment usage, and accident prevention techniques.
- Encourage employees and supervisors to report any injury that occurs on the job.
- Interact with injured employees.
- Preparing workers for emergencies by conducting fire drills and evacuation simulations
- Training new workers in safety procedures and performing routine inspections to ensure compliance.
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Safety/ Food Safety Training knowledge preferred but not required
Training & Experience:
- Sambrailo Safety & Food Safety Department will provide on-the-job training. This training will include learning the company’s safety procedures and policies, as well as how to use any specialized equipment and how to conduct effective Safety Inspections/ Training session.
General Skill Requirements:
- Good people skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong observational and analytical skills
- Fluent in writing and speaking Spanish and English.
- Must have valid California driver's license with clean record.
- Must be flexible with work hours and days
- Detail oriented, and possess strong computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint