In operations since 1983, we are family owned and proud to have gained the reputation of “Setting the Standard” in our respective industries. Our companies are vertically integrated to provide full service growing, labor and harvesting services to well-known growers and shippers who provide fruits and vegetables to the nation's leading grocery and food service users. We employ about 80% of our work force utilizing the H-2A Guest Worker program which is presently the only legal solution to fill the growing need for agriculture labor. We are now the largest privately owned employer of H-2A Guest Workers in the United States, managing over 50 housing sites coordinating transportation and food service to over 6,000 guest workers per year. We also have Mexico growing operations providing conventional agriculture products that meet modern LGMA food safety standards and serves as another option to help mitigate the risks of growing and harvesting crops in the United States.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Grower Accountant/Cost accountant to join our team in either Salinas or Heber, CA.
This position is responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate process cost information, reconciliation of standard costs to actual costs, maintenance of perpetual inventory system, participating
in the month end close and budgeting process, and assisting the Director of Cost Accounting and CFO with day-to-day operations and reporting requirements. This position will also be responsible for
developing/maintaining an effective cost accounting system to reduce cost and improve overall profitability.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- 3 years proven work experience in accounting or finance
- Hands-on experience with finance database and organization of raw data
- Experience with MS Excel, including Pivot Tables, and advanced formulas
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize multiple critical priorities
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Proven ability to handling confidential and sensitive financial information
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word. Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards. Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.