POSITION SUMMARY: The AP Manager is a senior member of the Accounting Department. This position assists with the review of data for Accounts Payable. This position is responsible for the direction and oversight of 6 employees and all of the activities and services provided by them relating to the entry of accounts payable data and disbursement of checks. The AP Manager also handles special projects for the Corporate Controller.
The Accounts Payable Manager will:
- Be Responsible for the full cycle AP process
- Create routine operational and special/ad hoc reports as required
- Review weekly AP Check runs for all affiliates
- Maintain all Accounts Payable files in accordance with Corporate Policy
- Manage all vendor payments and expense reimbursements (check, ACH, wire)
- Manage the corporate credit card accounts and payments
- Work with dedicated teams to help enhance the operations of Accounts Payable
- Assist in the coordination of requests from Internal Auditors, third party and Independent Auditors, as necessary
- Responsible for vendor 1099 filings and year end reporting requirements
- Manages departmental employees including training, performance evaluation, career development and progressive discipline as needed according to company policies and procedures
- Supervision of the scanning solution
- Reconcile AP related balance sheet accounts
- Vendor statement reconciliation support
- 1099 Processing
- 5+ years of Accounting/Accounts Payable experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Previous experience in a Leadership and/or Managerial role
- Able to enter/process 100+ invoices a day accurately
- Working knowledge of general ledger software
- Microsoft Office and/or Google proficient; strong Excel experience required
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.