In operations since 1980, we are a family-owned vertically integrated full-service growing, labor, and harvesting company. We provide services to well-known growers and shippers who provide fruits and vegetables to the nation's leading grocery and food service users.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our Human Resources Department is focused on our most valuable asset: our employees. Our goal is to ensure we employ the most talented and motivated people at all levels that are focused on “Setting the Standard'' and preserving the supportive culture we’re known for.
We are looking for a Vice President of Human Resources who can direct all the people functions of the corporation in accordance with the regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. In consultation with executive management and the HR Director consults, advocates, develops and implements current, annual, and long-term schedules related to the quality, business and financial objectives for the Human Resource organization. The HR Compliance Director represents the organization with external contacts including business and non-business communities while ensuring strong leadership and business excellence is maintained. Interacts with executive management in the completion of job responsibilities. As a strategic partner, acts as a consultant to the executive management team on human capital related matters, which may include advocating, informing and influencing how a proposed regulation will impact business practices and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related discipline preferred with 10 or more years of progressive human resources professional experience with at least five of those years managing human resources processes and personnel. Additional professional experience or formal training in human resources may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Master’s Degree or JD is desirable.
- Must have extensive applicable knowledge in various employment law areas.
- Understanding of H2-A guest worker programs preferred.
- Must be able to provide leadership and direction to staff and colleagues on human resources matters.
- Posses the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Knowledge and prior experience working with regulatory agencies and trade associations.
- Ability to plan, strategize, influence, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written and ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, electronic mail, Google Apps, Smartsheet, and other word and spreadsheet programs.
- Valid Driver License
- Acceptable Driving Record (must meet minimum criteria to be covered on company’s auto insurance policy)
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Employer paid health insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(K)