Since 1983, all Scaroni Family owned entities have gained the reputation of "Setting the Standard" in their respective industries. Today, we still pride ourselves on living up to our slogan, being the example of great service and superior quality for our valued customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Production Growing Manager to join our team in Heber, CA and Mexicalli, Baja, California
The Production Growing Manager will perform vital functions of the operation in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, technically innovative and safely executed. The Production Growing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the production and growing operations, managing the ground preparation and planning process as well as executing the day to day harvest and post-harvest of the crops. They will evaluate, plan, organize, and manage the production program. The Production Growing Manager will provide leadership and coordination of general farming administration, accounting, budgeting, and planning of our continued development and growth .
We believe “showing up everyday” is the foundational core value a Production Growing Manager must possess and live by for his / her success in this position. This is a real “hands on” position where the successful candidate will lead by example in all aspects of farm management from field prep to post harvest. including related administration, accounting, budgeting, and planning of the companies continued development.
They must posess:
- 10+ years experience with planning, farming, harvesting, and post-harvest crop management;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural field of study or equivalent experience;
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the company’s insurance policy;
- Required ability to effectively and positively lead, motivate, and communicate to employees in English and Spanish;
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks; and,
- Ability to work extensive hours, weekends, and be very flexible.
- Bilingual in both spanish and english.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a great company to work for.