In operations since 1980, we are a family-owned vertically integrated full-service growing, labor, and harvesting company operating in Mexico and the USA. We provide services to well-known growers and shippers who provide fruits and vegetables to the nation's leading grocery and food service users. We are proud to have gained the reputation of “Setting the Standard” in our respective industries. Our growing operations in Baja California, Harvest Tek de Mexico (HTMX), provides conventional and organic agriculture products that meet modern LGMA food safety standards. Our ownership consists of founders, Steve and Brenda Scaroni, and their two sons Matt and David Scaroni. Together they are well known in the industry for their hands-on leadership style. We have the pleasure to serve some of the most well-known and respected produce brands and help provide the labor to supply food throughout the nation. We owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make it happen.
The Production Growing Manager will perform vital functions of the operation in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, technically innovative and safely executed. The manager will be responsible for all aspects of the production and growing operations, managing the ground preparation and planning process as well as executing the day to day harvest and post-harvest of the approximately 4,000 acres of leafy greens and vegetables.
The person we’re looking for has:
- 10+ years experience with planning, farming, harvesting, and post-harvest crop management;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural/agronomy field of study or equivalent experience;
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the company’s insurance policy;
- Required ability to effectively and positively lead, motivate, and communicate to employees in English and Spanish - Bilingual;
- Knowledge and proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, electronic mail, Google Apps, Smartsheet, and other word and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks; and,
- Ability to work extensive hours, weekends, and be very flexible.
- Valid Driver License
- Acceptable Driving Record (must meet minimum criteria to be covered on company’s auto insurance policy)
Position requires travel throughout various locations in Baja California, Mexico growing locations as well as travel to various US Operations when required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Employer paid premium health, dental and vision package
- Retirement Plan 401(K)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.