We are currently seeking an experienced West Coast based Product Sourcing and Quality Assurance Manager.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on manager to lead of veg sourcing in CA, AZ, and MX.
You will play a key role in the developing vendor relationships and our sourcing practices within CA, AZ and MX. You will be our eyes, ears, and brains for sourcing California. We have a well-developed vision and strategy and are seeking someone whose insights and experience will contribute to our success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers when and where needed
- Maintain and support supply through purchasing programs to support demand
- Responsible for securing cost-effective and quality product
- Responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt, and inventory control of products
- Monitor proper inventory levels of assigned commodities
- Work as a team with sales, warehousing, distribution, and logistics
- Monitor product forecast, market trends and suppliers to determine future prices and availability
- Secure and analyze quotes; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers; recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Confer with suppliers to obtain product price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Develop product forecast and present inventory reporting to all levels including suppliers, leadership, cross functional teams, and customers
- Maintain awareness of market trends, technology, and food safety
- Maximize the shelf life and quality loaded onto truck
- Make data-driven decisions utilizing industry tools and resources
- Communicate with vendors to know status of an order – booking, loading, tracking, receiving
- Contact vendors regarding discrepancies with quantity and quality
- Interface with all departments to resolve problems and issues
- Communicate favorable purchasing opportunities to leadership
- 10+ years’ experience in the fresh produce industry
- 5+ years in procurement with long-standing shipper relationships
- Must possess good knowledge of fresh produce including seasonality and geography of fresh produce supply
- Experience purchasing and/or selling Salinas/Yuma vegetables
- Ability to travel as needed to supplier locations, headquarters, and office locations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Personal computer skills, mainframe operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally both on the phone, via email and in person
- Responsible for managing, monitoring, and verifying all product quality
- Manage and assure full execution of all corporate Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs
- Develop and initiate standards and procedures for inspections and reporting
- Build strong customer relations in the quality and technical areas
- Perform periodic HACCP/GMP/AIB audits within production areas
- Maintain standardized product quality specifications, process SOP's and performance targets
- Quality Reporting: Develop appropriate business-related reports to drive quality improvement across the supply chain. This includes historical quality metrics and data to develop and track product quality and cost of quality failure
- Ensure robust quality inspection processes. Manage systems that integrate product/process quality data to ensure delivery of the highest quality product to our facility
- Support customer relations by providing support to sales team with information and supplier meetings
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.