The Stemilt Group of companies is a family-owned organization dedicated to cultivating people and delighting consumers. We do this by nurturing greatness in our people and products as we serve the agricultural community and food markets of the world. Stemilt is headquartered in the vibrant community of Wenatchee, Washington. Our story began over 100 years and six generations ago, tracing our company roots back to 1893. Stemilt has become an industry leader, and we aspire to continue elevating our market position through organic growth and acquisitions.
We now have an immediate opening for a Human Resource Workers Compensation Specialist to join our team in Wenatchee, WA.
The Worker’s Compensation Specialist is responsible for proactively managing and administering the processes related to Workers’ Compensation, as well as federal/state and internal reporting requirements for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The position works closely with employees and supervisory personnel throughout warehouse and ranch locations, as well as third-party vendors.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Three years’ experience in Workers’ Compensation, medical field, or administrative/customer service-related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret/translate documents such as Workers’ Compensation rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before large groups of customers or employees of Stemilt.
- Ability to multitask with numerous interruptions, and ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Must be detail oriented, be able to analyze data and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
Competitive compensation package and great benefit program. EOE AA.