Stonehill Produce is a Mexican Avocado Importer since 2003. We are the premiere knowledge leader and most trusted source of intel in the Mexican avocado industry.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Sales Representative for our Pharr, TX location.
Drive avocado sales by leveraging our 360o Knowledge Generator and world-class intel on the Mexican avocado industry to increase the company’s revenue through 1) Development of NEW, incremental business; and 2) Management of existing accounts.
Retail food stores, club stores, mass merchandisers, produce wholesalers, brokers, and foodservice accounts.
- Engage with prospective customers to sell product, primarily via phone.
- Negotiate price points and finalize sales contracts.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, and customer meetings as required. (Minimal travel required.)
- Monitor daily inventories ensuring competitive return pricing and priority-based supply to customers.
- Plan delivery schedules in coordination with internal teams and prepare business transaction reports.
- Address and resolve customer concerns related to product quality, quantity, pricing, and delivery.
- Manage sales orders and provide cross-functional coordination with logistics and food safety teams.
- Flexible to afterhours and weekend duties if/when necessary.
- BA: Business, Ag, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably in the agriculture/produce sector.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication; proficiency in English; Spanish a plus.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Base Salary will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Salary is just one component of an attractive TOTAL COMPENSATION package.
- The base salary range for this position does not include additional benefits or performance-based commission payouts that may be earned.
Please send resume and cover letter by October 15, 2023. We appreciate every applicant seeking this position but cannot respond to all applications.
Stonehill Produce is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.