Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in our Englewood, NJ location.
This position involves overseeing plant QA and lab operations as well as assisting the production facility in ensuring programs and procedures are in place and properly followed to maintain the highest level of quality products and services to Stratas Foods customer’s facility.
- Reports directly to directly to Sr. Quality Assurance Manager - DSM and reports indirectly to the Plant Manager.
- Has responsibility over the lab operations as well as plant quality assurance personnel.
- Help determine deficiencies and solutions in and outside the plant that are affecting the quality of products and services to customers.
- Oversee customer audits and the implementation of the British Retail Consortium (BRC) criteria.
- Responsible for GMP training and lab safety.
- Ensure new products/customer requirements are properly set up and communicated in the plant.
- Involved with new plant processes/start-ups to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Assist in training new plant management with regards to quality systems.
- Assist in analyzing lab needs from training, staffing, and equipment needs.
- Writes acquisition for expenditures (AFE) as required for lab equipment.
- Follow all safety, environmental rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Adhere to and enforce compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations, and policies.
- Coordinates on-site maintenance of the quality system.
- Manages local quality system documentation ad records.
- Disposition of non-conforming product in conjunction with the Plant Manager.
- Communicates finished product data to the Superintendent and Plant Manager.
- Attend all daily production/quality meetings.
- Approves Facility Manual.
- Audits HACCP paperwork monthly.
- Assumes Lab Supervisor responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Approves local section of the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- Lab Supervisor assumes responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Work in conjunction with Lab Supervisor to compile monthly training for GMP meetings.
- Complete all associated paperwork/reports correctly to perform this position.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Experience with lab and/or quality assurance in food packaging is preferred. Three to five years of supervisory/leadership experience is required.
- Must be PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office, and Outlook.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data, workflows and procedures.
- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Includes staff in planning, decision making, facilitating and process improvement; make self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback.
- Observes safety and security procedures; demonstrates appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for opportunities.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree Food Science, Biology, Operations, Business, Chemistry or Engineering.