SUMMARY: Sun Pacific began in 1969 with the purchase of 72 acres of oranges in Exeter, California. Today Sun Pacific owns more than 40,000 acres in California and ships 35 million boxes of fresh fruit annually. As the acreage has grown, so has our expertise and attention to detail in farming and packing the highest quality product. Today, with over 3,000 employees, Sun Pacific is the largest grower/shipper of navel oranges in the world, and the largest grower/shipper of table grapes, mandarins, and kiwi in North America.Our team is growing and currently looking for a Pest Control Adviser for our citrus farming operations in Tulare County.
Reporting Relationship: The pest control adviser for covered region reports directly to the Pest Management Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The pest control adviser will oversee field scouts, sample fields for pest and beneficial insects and mites, manage the sampling of leaf and plant tissues, write recommendations, and communicate an overall pest management plan with farm managers. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing field scouts;
- Determine different sample procedures to be used depending on pests;
- Review field reports turned in by field scouts on a daily basis;
- Required to attend daily meetings with field scouts to review day’s progress;
- Oversee red scale traps;
- Take soil and/or tissue samples, as needed; and,
- Coordinate with ranch manager on product treatment options.
- Bachelor’s degree in an agricultural field of study or equivalent preferred;
- Adhere to California Department of Pesticide Regulations;
- Knowledge of agricultural methods, pesticides, fertilizers, labels;
- Knowledge of proper pesticides to be used depending on crop destination;
- Possession of PCA license; and,
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the Company’s insurance policy.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literate in MS Office and ag-specific software programs, such as Agrian;
- Ability to effectively lead positively, motivate, and communicate to employees;
- Ability to make recommendation and/or use judgement;
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks; and,
- Ability to work in farming environments, extensive hours, weekends, and be very flexible to compliment operations for continued success.
Competitive pay and benefits, offered.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.