Are you a Food Safety Specialist looking to take your career to the next level with one of the oldest and most respected companies in the Citrus Industry?
Sunkist is an agricultural cooperative entirely owned by and operated for the California and Arizona citrus growers who make up its membership. When buying Sunkist® fruit, consumers are not only getting the Sunkist quality that they know and expect, but they’re also supporting family farmers, which we feel is a worthy cause to lend your taste buds to.
We have an immediate opening available for a Food Safety Specialist to join our team in Valencia, CA.
The job of the Food Safety Specialist was established for the purpose/s of assisting in maintaining and coordinating food safety programs and recall programs for fresh fruit and licensing departments. This includes regular communication and interaction with packinghouses, licensees and other Sunkist staff.
Among other things, the successful candidate will maintain database of third party audits. Review audit reports for potential compliance issues, Coordinate sampling program for MRL compliance program, and Maintain the Sunkist licensee sampling program ensuring all licensees send in samples per schedule, and arrange for the samples to be tested by an external laboratory.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in food science, food technology or similar field; or equivalent. (An Associate's Degree in a related field with a minimum 5 years in a food processing and food operations environment will also be considered).
- At least 3 years’ experience in food safety or similar field. Experience in produce is highly desirable.
- Experience with HACCP programs, preventative controls and produce safety rules is preferred. Holding certificates in all three also preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to food production.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to domestic locations.
- Must be proficient in the use of common applications in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must possess a valid unrestricted CA driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desirable.
We offer a competitive compensation package including; A variety of choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance,Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts, 401K retirement savings plan, Match+, Generous paid holiday and vacation benefits.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.