Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Castroville, CA Distribution Center, a 70,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility, is currently seeking a Commodity Inventory Controller to join our Shipping Department. The essential function of this position is to ensure quality inspection of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers grown in in our greenhouse farms and that they will meet our customer specifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the produce/grocery industry highly desired. Product training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Perishable Agricultural Commodities (PACA) a plus.
- Must maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Complete various administrative tasks that include standard QA/QC forms; documentation of inspection results by completing logs and reports; inputting data into database system.
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Word, Excel including filters, sorts, pivot tables, and formulas
- Experience with an Inventory Management system, i.e. NAV, JDA is desired.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours.
- Math aptitude required.
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Two Full Time Shifts Available: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm and occasional Saturdays 7:00am - 11:00 am
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.