Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
The Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7; is currently seeking a Maintenance Tech II to join our team.
In this role you will maintain the electrical and mechanical assets in the building, i.e.: packaging equipment, conveyors, case erectors, compressors, etc. Will perform all functions necessary to ensure the efficient and reliable maintenance of the plant for optimized production efficiencies.
- Works supportively with operators, supervisors, and other production employees to meet production standards
- Responsible for maintaining spirit of teamwork and productivity among fellow maintenance personnel.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all material/product handling equipment components and resolve issues as needed.
- Able to interpret schematic and electrical, diagrams/illustrations
- Troubleshoot electronic, electrical and mechanical problems related to high-speed packaging equipment and subsystems resolving issues as needed.
- Replace, repair, and/or adjust packaging machines as directed by on shift supervisor.
- Ensure all associated equipment, tools, and spare parts are accounted for and secured when not in use.
- Perform preventative / predictive and emergency maintenance of equipment using OEM manuals, standard maintenance procedures, and any associated schematics within safe, specified limits.
- Repair, replace, maintain and troubleshoot AC and DC motors, photo eyes, relays and proximity sensors.
- Install, set-up and maintain AC variable drives as needed.
- Assist in mentoring junior technicians by providing guidance and directions to help them develop.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree or technical diploma in industrial electronics or related technical college courses completed is preferred.
- Minimum 4 -5 year’ s experience in industrial electricity (3-phase 480v and 208v, single phase 110v.
- Experience with AC/DC electronics / PLC/control circuit troubleshooting.
- Experience with AC motor troubleshooting and installation
- Demonstrable experience with multimeter, megger, and any other associated test equipment
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), to include, writing, programming and installation a plus.
- Experience with Ladder Logic a plus.
- Experience with predictive / preventative maintenance tools and procedures.
- Computer maintenance management system experience (CMMS).
- Team player with positive work attitude and flexibility in a growing and changing culture.
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 50°F.
- The background noise approaches 70 dcbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Complete a background check and drug screening.
We are pleased to offer the Following:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement