Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food and non-food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers around the world.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Produce Account Manager to join our team in Salinas, CA.
The Produce Account Manager will Identify, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the distribution of products and services to SYSCO/Freshpoint customers through Sysco/Freshpoint operating companies. Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service in support of the distribution of products and services.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Foodservice background and broad knowledge of food products helpful.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires much time on the telephone.
- Must have clear communication skills.
- Limited writing and e-mail usage equivalent to a 12th-grade education.
- Ability to apply proportions of practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, written and oral.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to deal with new and unusual situations.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave.