Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 37 years. Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever. Tanimura and Antle owns 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valley. Other diversified operations include PlantTape (an innovative transplanting system with locations in U.S. and Europe), seed research, production, and hydroponics. Our mission is to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation by employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership and Accountability.
We have an immediate opening for a Facilities Maintenance Worker to join us in Salinas, CA.
A Facilities Maintenance Worker performs a variety of routine and semiskilled tasks involving general maintenance of Company facilities, equipment, and grounds.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Repair plumbing (e.g., unplugging toilets and drains, etc.)
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent lights
- Perform routine carpentry work (e.g., minor paint jobs, screens, refrigerators, and ranges)
- Complete minor grounds and landscape irrigation repairs
- Utilize Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety procedures, and appropriate equipment in completing assignments
- More difficult or skilled work may be performed under the direct supervision of the Facilities Supervisor
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor
The successful candidate will have:
- Education Training and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a clean DMV driving record and current driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate in English/Spanish preferred.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected companies in the industry!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.