Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: The Grower Accountant position plays a key role in accounting for our grower contracts. The ideal candidate must possess an eagerness to learn, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers. This position manages accurate and timely payments to our growers as well as providing accounting support and analysis corresponding to growing expenses, crop yields, and end of season settlement cost.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide comprehensive accounting and financial support corresponding to various complex farming grower agreements
- Perform period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals & allocations, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate growing cost expenses by crop/grower/growing location and analyze yields and growing expenses against budget and contracted cost.
- Run weekly processes regarding closing planting work orders and lost cartons provided by Harvest Supervisors.
- Review and balance weekly grower reports for accuracy.
- Manage cash flow payments for multiple growing locations and grower partners.
- Prepare Year End Audit Grower’s Reporting Packets
- Work collaboratively with farm managers, colleagues, and growers as needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc Reporting as assigned.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting and a strong familiarity with Cost Accounting and US GAAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Must be proficient in Excel, (e.g. pivot tables, lookups, index, if statements, and data manipulation) databases and queries. JDE Edwards or ERP Systems experience preferred.
- Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours to assist with closing duties, audit process, and special projects as required and approved by supervisors.
- Compensation is commensurate with education, years of experience and past history relative to the preferred qualifications.
- Promotes a positive Company image and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively with internal Farm Managers, growers, and partners.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track, and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.