An employee owned Company and the industry leader of fresh produce for over 38 years, Tanimura & Antle attributes its success to our loyal and dedicated employees and our future is brighter than ever.
We own 27,000 acres and farms 40,000 acres with our valued growers in Salinas, Yuma and Imperial Valleys.
We strive to provide Quality, Service, and Innovation with employees exhibiting the right Principles, Ownership, & Accountability.
Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium vegetables with superior customer service that exceeds their quality and value expectations” Our Vision A highly innovative and sustainable Company growing and enhancing the lives of all through employee and customer inspired partnerships.
Our onion division (Tanimura & Antle Onions, LLC) has an immediate opportunity for an Onion Shed Maintenance Technician.
The successful candidate will maintain the onion shed packing lines and facilities to maximize packing operations and efficiency. Also responsible for auditing condition of the equipment and facility and insure that repairs are performed to keep the product flowing and in compliance with food safety (GAP) and quality control specifications.
The ideal candidate has:
- High School/Trade School diploma with 3 years prior experience with packing lines and machinery a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must have excellent organizations and project management skills, and be detail oriented.
- Must have written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with team-members, supervisor, management, and external suppliers.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Promote a positive Company image
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
- Must have welding experience in stain less steel and mild steel
- Must have good oxygen/acetylene torch skills
- Must possess own tools (hand, power, air and cordless),
- and purchase own tools as necessary
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic working systems
- Must have good electrical understanding and troubleshooting skills
- of the onions packing line equipment
- Must be able to travel between harvesting regions as needed
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred