Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
Location: Hollister, CA and Yuma, AZ
The Role: In this role, you will maintain the onion shed packing lines and facilities to maximize packing operations and efficiency. Also responsible for auditing condition of the equipment and facility and ensure that repairs are performed to keep the product flowing and in compliance with food safety (GAP) and quality control specifications.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain Onion Shed packing lines and facilities.
- Audit conditions of equipment
- Insure we are in compliance with food safety and quality control specifications
- High School/Trade School diploma with 3 years prior experience with packing lines and machinery a plus.
- Must have welding experience in stain less steel and mild steel
- Must have good oxygen/acetylene torch skills
- Must possess own tools (hand, power, air and cordless), and purchase own tools as necessary
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic working systems
- Must have good electrical understanding and troubleshooting skills of the onions packing line equipment
- Must have excellent organizations and project management skills, and be detail oriented
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to travel between harvesting regions as needed
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must perform other duties as assigned
- Promote a positive Company image.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.