Applicates must live in Chicago, Illinois to work here.
Truong Enterprises, Inc. is a leading ethnic foods distributor in the Midwest with a drive for continuous growth and expansion. With a mission of bringing flavors of the world to every table, we specialize in authentic ethnic fruits, vegetables, frozen, and grocery items that help families recreate the taste that they grew up with and explore new cultures. We are looking to expand our already diverse team and add new team members that share a passion for food, culture, and exploration.
We are seeking a Produce Procurement who is strategic, efficient, and adaptive. This position's primary responsibility is to research, evaluate, plan, and buy vegetables and fruits to ensure continuous growth for the company. Duties include market research, competitor analysis, product evaluations, monitoring purchase orders and creating reports for the management team. The candidate must be well-organized, a critical thinker, and have experience working in the produce industry, Asian produce is preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Select and order merchandise by estimating stock requirements based on inventory on-hand, sales orders, projected volume of sales, and current economic condition.
- Manage all communication and negotiate with suppliers on price and delivery terms to reduce inventory levels and cost.
- Manage vendor relations and maintain effective system monitoring all product deliveries from vendors.
- Prepare and evaluate all bids, contacts and vendor agreements and ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and manage POs from beginning to end.
- Daily interaction with Warehouse and Receiving teams to stay up to date with condition and quantity of inventory.
- Interact with customers to build relationships and understand their preferences.
- Communicate with Sales team to understand current market prices to stay competitive and customer’s preferences.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in the produce industry, ethnic produce experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently, while efficiently and effectively with team members.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook is essential.
- Ability to multi-task, work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, customers, team members via in person, over the phone, email, text, etc.
- Ability to speak English, bilingual is encouraged (Spanish and Chinese).
- Medical, Dental, 401K, Vacation, 6 observed holidays, PTO
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.