Warmerdam Packing LLC, headquartered in Hanford, California, packs, cools and ships premium cherries, plum cherries, pomegranates and kiwi. Its farming division, New Excelsior Farming LLC, is one of the largest cherry growers in the southern San Joaquin Valley and farms over 1,500 acres of cherries, plum cherries, and kiwi. Warmerdam Packing, LLC also packs over 1,000 acres worth of cherries for outside growers and over 2,400 acres of pomegranates for a premier valley grower.
We have an immediate opening for a Packing Operations Manager to join our growing team.
The Packing Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the Packing, Shipping, Receiving, Cold Storage and Food Safety teams and ensuring we pack the best quality fruit while ensuring the safety of our customers and employees. The Packing Operations Manager directly supervises the Production Manager, Shipping/Receiving Manager, Facility Manager, and QC/Food Safety Manager and reports directly to the General Manager.
- Monitor labor utilization and production efficiencies to achieve maximize operational effectiveness
- Communicate and coordinate with orchard, sales, and accounting personnel regarding production
- Manage and utilize labor and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve optimal performance, on budget with quality products
- Maximize returns to growers
- Resolve quality or production issues as they arise
- Ensure product received from the orchard is packed, cooled, stored, and shipped on time
- Ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, local, state and federal standards and food safety programs
- Communicate and apply laws and company policies and procedures consistently and fairly
- Directly or indirectly manage all packing house employees and contract labor
- Develop relationships with existing and new growers
- Oversee new construction and equipment installations
- Minimum of 7 years in management of food/produce packing or processing, preferably in stone fruit
- Conversational fluency in Spanish
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Results oriented manager
- Must have experience and knowledge of food safety, product quality standards, document control and regulatory issues pertaining to organic and conventional farming
Bachelors degree preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.