We are seeking a Food Safety Manager for our Oceanside, CA location. This position will assist with the development, implementation, and administration of the food safety programs, chemical safety audits and general safety for staff and harvesting crews in California. The food safety programs include the FDA FSMA and FSVP programs, HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), PRIMUS and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) programs plus internal and external audit requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop, maintain, and manage food safety, quality assurance programs and policies.
- Provide training and audit for QA programs including GMP, food safety, and sanitation.
- Ensure that operations comply with federal, state, local, customer and company Food Safety policies and regulations.
- Manage the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) plan and pre-requisite programs.
- Plan and implement training programs for managers, supervisors, and employees to ensure that a proactive food safety culture is adopted throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or agriculture preferred.
- Knowledge of FSMA, GFSI, USDA grades and standards.
- Strong attention to detail.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.