About Wilder Fields:
Wilder Fields is a rapidly growing, venture-backed company that grows extraordinarily flavorful, fresh, nutrient dense, sustainably grown produce for the local community. We vertically farm leafy greens in repurposed buildings without pesticides or fertilizer and use 95% less water and 90% less land than traditional field farming. Combining traditional plant science and farming with cutting edge AI and automation, we’re modern farmers, feeding our local community today and preserving the planet for tomorrow.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sr. FOB Produce Sales Representative will assist with the development, implementation, and improvement of the Sales Department’s strategy, all while keeping the company’s vision, values, and mission in mind. The goal of the Sales Department is to ensure that each sales-related decision and standard operating procedure (SOP) is sustainable for the long-term operation and overall success of both the department and the company. This is a unique opportunity for a successful produce sales professional who strives for excellence, has an appreciation for process improvement, and can take several seemingly unrelated threads of information and thoroughly understand them for how they weave together within the fast-paced lifecycle of a fresh produce growing, packaging, selling and shipping operation. The successful candidate will demonstrate a readiness to join a team that is striving to be the best in the field.
What You’ll Do:
- Customer acquisition;
- Order taking, order entry and order shipping;
- Customer onboarding;
- Accurate completion and submission of customers vendor applications;
- Collaborate with operations and production teams to ensure all orders placed are shipped as ordered;
- Manage inventory and aged inventory activities;
- Balance harvest forecasts with sales projections to accurately schedule customer orders;
- Utilize proper time management techniques to achieve daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly goals;
- Research new sales opportunities and report on findings; and
- Source and manage freight carriers.
What You Should Have:
- 3-5 years of successful experience selling FOB to retail customers on a regional and national level;
- A strong, considerate, constructive communication style;
- Natural ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people and personalities;
- The ability to focus energy towards achieving departmental and company goals;
- The ability to quickly and comprehensively develop a robust knowledge of all company products, their uses, benefits, etc.;
- High level ability to solve problems with the company’s best interests in mind;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Familiarity with iTrade, 1WorldSync, Petal, etc.;
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Suite software, Google platform applications and familiarity with ERP and CRM software, or similar;
- The ability to quickly develop a thorough appreciation for the processes used within the company, along with an appreciation for how all company operations work in concert with one another;
- A desire to mentor and lead others; and
- Willingness to go beyond what’s expected, to take genuine ownership of the role.
- Competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Includes base plus options for bonuses, equity options (EAP), health insurance, ancillary insurance and 401(k).
- Generous PTO policy.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance