This is an opportunity to join this emerging company in a Senior Sales position. You will play a key role in the development and building of the World Fresh Produce brand with retail and wholesale customers. Although they have a well-developed vision and strategy, they’re seeking someone whose insights and experience will contribute to their further development.
They are seeking a solid performer whose experience, respect, knowledge, and relationships can open doors, start the dialog with new retail customers that begins with entry in the system and proceeds to programs and long-term relationships. Naturally, they’re seeking results and ROI, and their expectations are realistic for a proven top performer.
World Fresh Produce is a vertically integrated importer and shipper for both conventional and organic fruit, specializing in the citrus and kiwi, but expanding into other imported fruits. They have an experienced and well-networked leadership team that brings solid, long-lasting partnerships with exceptional growers around the globe all year long. They can consistently supply volume and quality to their customers across North America. Their company culture is rooted in family, and has been formed around a balance of teamwork, individual contribution, and synergy. Their sales team has a lot of fun while working hard and building a business together.
The Senior Retail Sales Manager will leverage their past success with retail and wholesale customers to build and nurture relationships starting east of the Rockies, focusing on commitment of business and program sales. This is a special opportunity for someone who is passionate about building a business, brand, and programs. Looking ahead, they will continue to build their presence in North America and globally. This position will report into the company headquarters in Southern New Jersey with travel required. The company offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a comprehensive benefits package and incentives for performance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and maintain deep and effective relationships with strategic retail accounts
- Tracking market trends, competitor information and ultimately identifying business opportunities
- Provide excellent customer service and always ensure client satisfaction
- Coordinate a cross-functional team of other sales executives, logistics, operations, procurement, finance and marketing to assure successful end-to-end execution of programs
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities
- Research data and use intuition and experience to provide knowledge-based solutions to customers
- Leverage customer knowledge to identify business opportunities
- Constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks to recommend tactical strategies
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- 7 or more years of successful experience selling fresh produce (specifically citrus), developing short and long- term business solutions with major retail chains and/or wholesale customers
- Experience should include extensive retail key-account business development and account management, working directly with retailers and wholesalers
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A creative problem solver, who can find customers’ pain points and develops solutions to create small inroads that lead to building a track record, relationship, and trust, and ultimately a program.
- Proven track record of strong sales, customer relations, meeting quotas and closing deals
- Experience in the citrus category is preferred, with kiwi, apples, and grapes a plus
- Belief in company story and mission as well as belief in oneself
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent with Computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Initiative to undertake self-development activities and seek increased responsibilities
- Must be independent and self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a remote/home office setting
- Aptitude to work within a collaborative environment utilizing technology tools such as Teams
- Ability and desire to travel in the Northeast and beyond as needed
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!