AgShift is a food technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA. We have designed and developed the world's first fully autonomous food quality analyzer using computer vision and machine learning technologies. AgShift’s mission is to empower every food organization with tools to improve food quality assessment and quality control. Now every organization can have fast, consistent and objective quality control – resulting in lower recalls and reduced food waste across the supply chain.
We have an immediate opening for an Almond Quality Control Inspector to work in one of our customer’s facilities in McFarland, CA.
The successful candidate will work with the customer's QC inspectors to help AgShift acquire training data on almonds for our Machine Learning system. This will include collecting almond data using the AgShift “Hydra” food quality system owned by the company. You will provide basic technical support to our client and provide feedback to the AgShift customer operations team.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- 12 months of experience inspecting almonds in an almond processing facility.
- Trained by a facility in almond inspection and good reporting procedures on a defect list that exceeds the USDA standards.
- Comfortable with technology as evidenced by familiarity with Google apps, actively uses a tablet, laptop or desktop computer, owns a smartphone, understands how to log onto a new Wi-Fi network, and/or uses social media applications such as WhatsApp
- Demonstrated capability to work in a customer-facing role
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports, follow procedures and manage their time on their own
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting new company and work with some of the most advanced equipment in the industry.