Alpine Fresh, Inc is a grower, packer, and shipper of fresh fruits and vegetables. We specialize in seven major commodities - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, asparagus, French beans, Brussel sprouts and fresh cut. Alpine Fresh owns and operates its own farms and packing sheds as well as partners with the best growers around the world to ensure our ability to meet commitments to our customers 365 days a year.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in Miami, FL.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for providing direction, oversight, support and coordination of quality assurance and technical activities at the Doral facility. As well as assist in the execution of responsibilities to ensure full compliance with company policies and procedures, food safety modernization act compliance and regulatory standards.
This is an exempt position within the Procurement Department which promotes teamwork and task completion rather than fixed work schedules. The primary duty of this role is office/non-manual work directly related to management or general business operations of the employer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 year’ experience in food safety and quality areas preferably in
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner
- Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Training
- Manages time; focuses on urgent and important tasks; avoids procrastination; follows up; shows strong attention to detail; meets deadlines
- Adapts to shifts in priorities and urgencies
- Assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; uses professional telephone skills; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasps of grammar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel
- Bilingual a must
Alpine Fresh offers a competitive salary based on experience, a 401(k) with a generous employer match, paid time off and paid holidays.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.