Awe Sum Organics, Inc. is a well-established importer and marketer of organic fruit. The Company has been in business for 36 years and is a leader in the organic produce industry, with international and domestic product supply and distribution across the entire U.S. and Canada.
We have an immediate need for an Organic Fruit Salesperson. While the company is based in Santa Cruz, CA we are open to a remote person for this role.
The Organic Fruit Sales position works directly with our Awe Sum Organic Sales (ASO) Team and designated customers on a daily and seasonal basis, as the primary responsible party in building and maintaining customer relationships and sales for our organic fresh fruit with ASO accounts. A successful ASO Organic Fruit Salesperson will have the mindset that a sale isn't a sale until the money is collected and maintain focus on executing and overseeing the sales process end to end in conjunction with our sales coordinator team, while keeping focus on fruit movement, efficiency, and grower returns. In addition to fulfilling day-to-day operational execution requirements for the needs of multiple key customer accounts, this role will proactively seek out solutions regarding timely and best utilization of fruit for all stakeholders in building and executing consistent program sales and daily on the spot sales as needed. As part of this process, some work on new business development as needed will be required, in growing Awe Sum’s sales and footprint in the market, as well as moving fruit in a timely manner, while ASO continues to increase our supply. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Work together with Awe Sum Organics Sales Team and customers to Identify opportunities for new growth and customer development.
- Develop and maintain supply agreements/programs, ad opportunities and daily on the spot sales for all Awe Sum Organic fruit supply with key accounts.
- Negotiate and manage all details regarding sales/supply programs with existing and prospective retail customers, including regular monitoring of and communication about supply availability, and ongoing and required upcoming movement to meet/achieve programmed or required volume movement.
- Sell to a broad selection of accounts including retail, wholesale, retail, foodservice, and processing customers.
- Interact up and down the supply chain (transportation, warehouses, inventory, ASO Sales, Supply, Quality Control, Operations and Accounting Teams, and Growers) to ensure successful relationships and execution with customers.
- Communicate customer YOY performance with Awe Sum as well as industry information and trends; compile and analyze reports.
- Maintain sales targets and category growth.
- Manage problem arrivals and customer credits.
- Assist and participate in customer meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain all major customer programs ahead of season by item. Communicate with and forecast same for spot market customers. Work with ASO Sales Team to execute to move all product successfully in a timely manner at full or highest possible pricing potential and to meet sales pricing and grower return target expectations.
- Monitor execution of all aspects of Sales, Operations, Quality Control, Customer and Grower Supply communications and satisfaction. This may include Grower, Customer, and Warehouse site visits. Determine and implement adjustments as identified or needed.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory and communicating regularly with supply chain logistics and QC team around needs and concerns.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience managing customer accounts.
- Fresh Produce / Organics knowledge and sales experience highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and interpersonal), analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to integrate existing product and customer experience, including contacts with ASO products, customer list and priorities.
- Detail Oriented / capable of great attention to detail.
- Team player / work well with others.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to stay focused in an active environment and to remain calm under pressure and competing priorities.
- Aware of the “big picture” while maintaining focus on details.
- Long term focused.
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common communications. Ability to respond to common inquires or from employees and customers. Ability to write clearly and present numerical data efficiently. Ability to communicate and effectively present information to customers and team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ration and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Variations in conditions may occur under certain circumstances.
- This job is performed indoors approximately 100% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock, and moves up and down stairs.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The temperature of the work environment is moderate indoors and ranges from 60 to 80 degrees.
- Seldom (0-5%): crawl, kneel, and reach above shoulders.
- Occasionally (6-33%): squat, bend, twist, walk stand.
- Frequently (34-66%): sit, reach with hands and arms, grasp with hands and fingers.
- Continuously (67-100%): use hands to finger; see (including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus); hear and speak; key (i.e., computer, 10-key calculator, writing instrument, and telephone).
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Occasionally (6-33%): automobile.
- Frequently (34-66%): copier and fax.
- Continuously (67-100%): computer, 10-key calculator, writing instrument and telephone.
- After hours calls and emails as needed.
- Occasional travel to represent Awe Sum Organics at trade shows, conventions, and customer locations.