If you are a produce industry expert with a network of retail, wholesale & foodservice outlets, we want to speak with you!
Established in 1988 and based in Los Angeles, Bandwagon Brokerage is a highly respected wholesale produce provider. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality fresh specialty produce in all categories of fruits and vegetables from all corners of the world.
Our business grows every year, and we’re looking for a passionate Sales Manager to be a part of this growth!
As the Produce Sales Manager, you will interact with buyers, operations and other sales support with customer's needs and preferences. You will organize and provide assistance for special sales and promotions. Achieve monthly targets and commit to sales results by identifying and targeting new business development.
We are seeking a self-motivated Sales Manager with a strong produce sales background, high energy, and proven sales results. You will work from our office in Los Angeles, CA.
As a Produce Sales Manager, you will be expected to:
- Own the entire sales process: sourcing new leads, contact and follow-up, through closing
- Be responsible for achieving corporate sales and gross profit goals
- Ensure existing customers’ needs are met, while obtaining new orders
- Plan and organizing daily work schedule: call potential sales outlets and other trade contacts
- Keep management informed of progress with sales reports, updates, and overall analyses
- Help Bandwagon remain competitive by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques
- Address customer complaints by investigating problems, identifying root causes, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
- Represent Bandwagon at company food and trade shows when necessary
- Bring new ideas & strategies to the sales team
- To use and be knowledgeable in CRM
What we look for in a Produce Sales Manager:
- Integrity and ethics
- Creativity and ingenuity
- Good negotiating skills
- Energy to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- A love for produce, making deals, and building relationships
- Proven track record of strong sales, customer service, meeting quotas and closing deals
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in wholesale produce/retail/foodservice with an established customer base
- Knowledge of the USDA grading and conditioning requirements, correct storage temperatures and specialty produce characteristics about quality and seasonal growing trends
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Bilingual helpful, English and Spanish
- Computer literate, Produce Pro software experience a plus
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds safely
- Valid California Driver’s License free of major traffic violations
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Vision, Dental and Medical Insurance benefits.
- Profit sharing plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay benefits
If you are self-driven, highly motivated and eager to grow the business, apply today and join the Bandwagon!