The Warehouse Supervisor has the general responsibility of all warehouse operations, general safety and food safety follow-through. The Warehouse Supervisor must be responsible in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Warehouse Operators, Receivers, Prep Workers, Custodians and Managers will report to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Food Safety: Follow and ensure that all warehouse employees, contractors and visitors are following the company procedures, company safety rules and food safety and security program. Bring unsafe conditions/actions to the attention of VP of Operations and/or President. Review/Sign off/Complete and turn in all required food safety documents to VP of Operations. Attends and participates in food safety training classes. Fill out and complete any necessary food safety documents.
- Management: Oversee the Warehouse Managers, Warehouse Floor Manager and render assistance as necessary to ensure that orders are filled to company standards and work order sheets and pick lists are accurate and complete. Oversee pest controls stations and communicate findings to VP OPS. Assist members in work order requests. Oversee the warehouse management, warehouse floor, receiving, cleaning, repacking operations and render assistance as necessary to ensure that orders are filled to company standards and work order sheets and pick lists are accurate and complete. Enforce disciplinary measures when appropriate. Select, schedule and train employees. Handle employee complaints, planning work assignments, assisting in the interview process, complete injury reports, plan work assignments, design best practices and SOP’s.
- Packaging Supplies: Determine the type of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment, or tools to be used to be bought, stocked and sold. Act as a purchaser for these items.
- Prep Room: Oversee quality and condition of prep room, prep room operations and finished goods to ensure that orders are filled with only wholesome, quality product. Finished product must be marked and coded as per company policy. Follow repacking & handling procedures whenever doing repack work or in repack room. Ensure that all finished product meets company specifications and that all food safety policies are in effect and being observed.
- Phone Calls: Place and receive calls to drivers, buyers and sales team as needed.
- Quality Check (Inspections): Oversee the Warehouse Receivers to ensure that products are received in a manner consistent with company guidelines, product is tagged and put away in a timely manner and product returns are processed. Communicate results of Receivers quality checks to Manager, Buyer, Driver, Sales and VP of Operations as needed. Ensure that product returns are done and completed in a timely manner. Oversee order selection to ensure company’s guidelines are being followed. Inspect inventory periodically to ensure that only wholesome attractive products used. Perform quality checks. Ensure that orders are double checked for lot identification, quantity, and labeling information.
- Inventory: Maintain accurate counts of quantity and product identification for both inbound and outbound. Correctly locate product in the proper rack and refrigerated storage area. Perform cycle counts/recounts of inventory quantity as directed and submit corrections. Purchase and maintain adequate inventory of packaging supplies. End of month inventory.
- Visitors: Make sure that all inbound product drivers follow company food safety rules and that all visitors sign in/out and are issued a temporary ID Badge. Announce Visitors to Management.
- Shipping: Oversee loading and complete truck bills, as necessary. Ensure that the pick lists and work orders are being updated and accurate at all times.
- Equipment: Oversee cleaning, regular maintenance on forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, scales, refrigeration, ice machine, trucks etc…
- Cleanliness: Oversee Cleaning Staff to ensure that all areas are kept at food level cleanliness conditions at all times. Ensure that all pallets are stored as per company guidelines and that the Cleaning & Sanitation Schedule is being maintained and up to date.
- Timeliness: Be aware of scheduled times for outbound loads and see that the Warehouse Operators and Manager work to achieve these goals. Communicate any issues relating to timeliness of delivery to Sales Manager and Supervision.
- Procedures: Follow warehouse and company procedures, company safety rules and food safety and security program. Bring unsafe conditions/actions to the attention of VP of Operations.
- Communicate: Communicate with Drivers, Receivers, Buyers, Sales, Warehouse Operators and Supervisors. Note opportunities for improvement and communicate these as appropriate. Coordinate transportation as needed. Must have good communication skills.
- Teamwork: Help other personnel when appropriate – with a task that needs two or with instructional information or with location problems (if you know a product’s location.) Support the rest of the team to accomplish department objectives in customer service, accuracy, and productivity.
The functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments described herein in order to accomplish the goals of the company at any time.
Normal warehouse and production environment – working in refrigerated environment.
* Competitive Benefit Package
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills – English/Spanish a plus.
- Basic computer skills.
- Team Player.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Certification in both Forklift and Electric Pallet Jack.
- Knowledge of safe pallet handling and lifting techniques.
- Manual dexterity for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds safely.
- Produce experience and knowledge of customer requirements.
- Valid California Driver’s License free of major traffic violations.
- Flexible start times based on projects or workload.