- Directs all staff, operations, logistics and quality assurance for the Berry Fresh McAllen office and operations at Five Brothers/Bonafrut warehouse.
- Inventory management, Lot control, daily physical Inventory, shipping entries in Famous Software
- Coordinate Berry Fresh McAllen operations with Five Brothers cold storage, shipping & receiving, pre-cooling, handling
- Coordinate daily with Sales & Operations to build orders according to customers and fruit quality.
- Perform QC inspection on arrival of every shipment and enter into Berry Fresh platform software. Distribute QC report to Sales, Operations and QC Teams and the Grower.
- Determine if product can ship as-is or if it requires additional handling, or sorting.
- Coordinate repack, size conversion, and sorting product when is necessary, ensuring the correct work force for the job.
- Coordinate with Five Brothers or supervise temp workers who will apply labels to clamshells for private label customers.
- Supervise staffing agency as needed for our temporary workers.
- Coordinate USDA inspection and when is needed. Organize and obtain all necessary documentation for re exporting to Canada.
- Insure safety for our staff and comply with the warehouse GMP, HACCP and BF protocol ensuring they are given proper training.
- Maintain accurate records at all times.
- Service Berry Fresh owned equipment – labelers, conveyors
- Sourcing materials for office & warehouse.
- Utilize Berry Fresh packaging manager to source packaging materials & labels when needed. Manage packaging inventory to keep dry and clean. Take inventory of packaging weekly and send to Operations and packaging manager
- Must have minimum 3 years of QC work in Produce, preferably with Berries.
- Must have minimum of 5 years of experience working in a warehouse environment
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with shipping & receiving software. Famous Software is preferred.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Must be self-motivated and responsible as the position will be reporting to the main office in Los Angeles.
- Some overtime and weekend work is required.
- Continuous standing, walking, uses of both hands for grasping, pulling, and pushing. Carrying product and boxes up to 25 lbs. will necessitate possible bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, reaching forward, overhead and below the shoulders.
- Must be able to work in a cool and damp environment.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and expected of this position as deemed necessary by management.
Berry Fresh LLC is a leading year-round marketer/distributor of premium blueberries, blackberries and raspberries to retail customers in the US and Canada. Fruit is sourced from USA, Mexico, Peru and Chile seasonally.
A competitive benefits package is offered including health, dental, vision and life Insurance coverage as well as Berry Fresh’s 401(k) Retirement Plan, subject to a probationary period. All candidates must undergo a background check and drug screen prior to employment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.