Berry People is a year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional berries and avocados, and owner of the Berry People® and Avo People® brands. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. Berry People operates with a strong company ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes complementarity, stewardship, and empathy.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Sales Coordinator to join our team in Hollister, CA. This is a great opportunity for an entry level candidate wanting to start their career in the produce industry.
The Sales Coordinator will assist the sales team in both account and commodity management through administrative, analytical, and operational support, handling the “service” scope of work so that account and commodity managers can focus on “sales.” This very important role will provide solid exposure to both the supply and sales side of the business, and it is a natural segue to a future role in account or commodity management.
The person we’re looking for has:
Skills & Abilities:
- High Proficiency in Excel for Planning and Analysis Purposes
- Clear and Professional Verbal and Written Communication
- Effectively Balance Sales & Service Activity
- Proficient in Fresh Produce or similar Perishables ERP Software
- High Intensity, Awareness, and Agility while maintaining Detailed Accuracy
- Strong Pattern Recognition and Intuition
- Manage expectations between sales team and other Berry People departments
- Enjoy Fast-Paced & Volatile Produce Sales Environment
- High Emotional Intelligence, Strong Character, and Common Sense
- Personable, Reliable, and Trustworthy
- Creative & Tenacious Problem Solver
Apply to today to start your sales career!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.