Under the “Bonipak” label, Betteravia Farms grows, harvests, cools, processes and ships millions of cartons of fresh vegetables to retailers, wholesalers and food service customers all over the world. What sets us apart is our seed to sales approach. We control the entire process, ensuring consistent high quality produce year round. We are proud of the relationships we have fostered with our customers over the past 80 years.
We are now accepting resumes for the position of Vice President of Operations in Santa Maria, CA.
As a member of the leadership team, the successful candidate will be a well-respected leader and mentor who gains loyalty from employees through hands-on guidance, collaboration and teamwork. This person should be a highly skilled grower, who is accomplished at directing and managing farming operations including business capital, planning and strategic direction.
Responsible for the management and oversight of all day-to-day operations from ground penetration to harvest, the Vice President of Operations will ensure that all company, food safety, employee safety, clients, policies and procedures and standards are adhered to. This includes overall berry planning, preparation, production, harvesting and profitability.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 -10 years of successful experience in growing row-crop vegetables and managing the day-to-day farming operations
- Agricultural operations management experience, preferably in berries
- Management, development and leadership of field operations teams
- Proven track record in providing on-going strategic recommendations based on creativity, real-time performance metrics, financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation and revenue/expense analysis.
- Must have working knowledge of farm equipment, drip irrigation and chemical application in row crops
- Forward thinking in farm practices, including the use of technology, such as automation in planting, weeding, harvesting and more.
- Ability to thrive in a positive, team-oriented and communicative environment.
- Exemplifies leadership and composure under pressure, while maintaining high team morale
This is a tremendous opportunity with excellent compensation package along with 401K, a company vehicle, and medical/dental/optical insurance.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.