We’ve expanded our produce offerings to over 150 items. We ushered in a 12-month growing season. And we were early pioneers in adapting to lifestyle changes and the need for fresh cut produce … a major innovation benefitting both busy families and foodservice clients. We consolidated headquarters and our fresh cut packing operation for the sake of economy and efficiency. We’ve learned everything there is to know (so far) about land management and sustainability, adding an organic line. And we’re tackling the crisis of overflowing landfills with new compostable packaging. Plus a lot more.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Food Safety and Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our team!
The position will develop and maintain the documentation of Fresh Cut operations, food safety and quality assurance programs in a database that provides timely revisions and retrieval of information.
- Supervise and schedule QA Technicians according to planned production
- Daily verification of daily QA documentation. Control Points (CPs) and Critical Control Points (CCPs) - HACCP
- Verify and approve QA technicians’ reports on processing parameters control daily
- Verify Temperature Monitoring of raw material cooler, finished goods coolers and processing room: Report deviations
- Trainer for QA Technicians on SOP’s and train new QA Team members (SOP’s, Safety, Food Safety)
- Manage and schedule period equipment calibrations
- Conduct periodic internal GMP and food safety audits
- Maintain Quality Assurance Customer Complaint program
- Maintain finished product specification database (BDMS)
- Manage and maintain organic certification program
- Manage and maintain HACCP plan
- Manage customer database platforms (GORP, Azzule, Rizepoint, iTQ, Food LogiQ)
- Inventory responsibilities: Place & remove products (raw, WIP, finished) on Hold status (QC Hold, Test and Hold)
- Schedule will require covering 1st and 2nd shifts (rotating), weekends and holidays
- College Degree preferred – Related work experience considered.
- Minimum two-year direct quality assurance experience in a food manufacturing setting, preferably vegetable processing.
- Experience with FSMA auditing schemes (SQF, BRC, Primus GFS)
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, JD Edwards, Xtuple)
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, not required
- Must be able to in a refrigerated environment of 34ºF to 45ºF
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.