Position Summary: The Production and Quality Assurance Specialist works collaboratively to support the Quality Control Manager and Production Manager by monitoring inbound receiving and optimizes the quality control function of a designated region by coordinating inspections, repacking processes, product reconditioning and inventory reconciliation. Additionally, this position provides general sales support to the Company. Extended days/hours during seasonal peaks and/or after hours on-call may be required. The position is Full Time, Non-Exempt and reports to the Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Contribute to creating efficient processes and procedures
- Review the New Zealand information prior to fruit arrival in US and make decisions with BNA Team on inbound QC inspections and packing plan
- Receive and review the inbound QC reports from all receiving warehouses
- Communicate all quality conditions to the BNA team and assist with decisions on repacking and product placement with customers
- Create and oversee work order quality assurance instructions for various packs
- Process repack input/output based on quality and customer needs
- Collaborate with Production Manager and Sales Team to assure the right product is packed to maximize customers’ needs
- Support in the special pack program to assure the best product is used for special customers.
- Assess repacking results and review against expectations from quality conditions allocated.
- Support the Quality Control Manager to communicate with the warehouses on all aspects of quality management.
- Research and correct inventory discrepancies
- Achieve and maintain rapport with customers, logistics personnel and other supply chain partners to provide excellent customer service
- Follow up on customer and supplier inquiries and monitor delivery information
- Support the Production Manager with inventory and storage needs.
- Manage inventory levels to meet priorities as outlined
- Perform clerical duties that support the repack process – answering phones, modifying/transmitting documents, and e-filing
- Produce Production and Quality Control reports daily.
- Assist with customer rejections/credit
- After hours production support
- Strong analytical, verbal, mathematical and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and database report queries
- Solid work ethic and attention to detail critical
- Team Oriented – Ability to work well with others
- Agricultural Engineer Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Quality Control experience preferred
- Minimum, 4 years related work experience in quality control and produce industry.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Work Environment: Work will primarily be performed in an office environment. Occasional travel.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to work in cold temperatures and warehouse and product storage environments.
- Ability to travel long distances when necessary
- Occasional light lifting