The California Avocado Commission is looking for a Vice President of Marketing at their Irvine office.
The California Avocado Commission is responsible for the marketing and advertising of California avocados, as well as participating in industry wide activities, that together will help create a more profitable market environment.
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will develop and implement successful marketing strategies for the California Commission’s Consumer and Trade Marketing program.
You will ensure that marketing programs and creative executions align with objectives, strategies, and brand promise and will support marketing efforts to promote California Avocados to the highest level of sales and returns possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop policies and implement programs to advance the profitable marketing of California avocados as a member of CAC’s senior management team.
- Direct the Commission’s merchandising, foodservice, consumer advertising, nutrition/public relations, online marketing, and trade communications programs.
- Develop and manage budgets in accordance with Board approved mandates.
- Identify goals and objectives for the marketing and merchandising programs to achieve the goals and objectives of the Commission.
- Create and implement annual marketing plans to meet CAC’s objectives.
- Supervise personnel and agencies employed by CAC to implement marketing and merchandising programs.
- Support key account activity and relationships by providing guidance to marketing staff directors/managers and meeting with key account executives.
- Participate in appropriate national and regional organizations to further CAC’s marketing goals.
- Participate in trade shows and industry events to promote the marketing of California avocados.
- A BA/BS degree required; MBA is preferred or equivalent 10+ years marketing experience.
- Agriculture industry experience preferred.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop personnel.
- Detail-oriented, creative, a team player and can work independently.
- Capable of working on a variety of concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment, the ability to multi-task is a MUST.