Who we are: CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California 50 years ago, our roots now span the breadth of North America and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
The Food Safety Certification Coordinator works within CCOF’s growing Food Safety Department to complete a wide range of administrative tasks associated with the food safety certification of organic food. Duties performed are essential to the certification process and include direct communication with members, data entry, and administrative support for staff and organic producers.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in systems and efficiencies, bringing ideas and solutions to improve program effectiveness. They will support the Food Safety Program Manager in maintaining accurate records and data entry, providing outstanding customer service to clients, and a commitment to collaboration among diverse staff and departments.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that reports to the Food Safety Program Manager. This is a California based position, preferably located within Santa Cruz County, California.
- Support the Food Safety Program Manager to develop, implement and maintain food safety programs that comply with industry regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of certification information for organic farms and handlers enrolled in CCOF Food Safety programs by working within multiple databases.
- Work daily to complete data entry for new applications, client updates, annual renewals, and certifications for CCOF’s Food Safety clients.
- Respond to general Food Safety inquiries from CCOF members and provide customer support for incoming phone and email inquiries for Food Safety clients.
- Assist the Food Safety certification staff with workload management to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Work closely with the Food Safety Program Manager to coordinate and schedule webinars, meetings, inspections, and Food Safety events, including attending tradeshows and representing CCOF.
- Participate in special projects, such as Food Safety trainings and updating work instructions as necessary.
- Coordinate with other staff as appropriate to ensure Food Safety documents and resources are current, accessible, and effective, including forms, website, Quality System, and renewals.
- Assist Food Safety Manager in preparation for accreditation audits, including managing accreditation requests.
- Attend Food Safety Team meetings and follow up on action items.
- Monitor workflow processes to ensure service metrics are met and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the Food Safety Manager.
- Work with CCOF Accounting Department to ensure accurate billing for Food Safety applications and renewals.
- Clear, precise, and compassionate communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Competency in word processing, databases, and Outlook. Solid understanding of the basics and some experience using advanced features.
- Ability to operate independently and solve problems with minimum supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize, monitor, plan, and follow-through on tasks with competing deadlines.
- Consistency, dependability, and punctuality. Others can count on you to do what needs to be done. Be prompt, attend meetings and events on time and submit your assignments by the deadline.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
- Experience in an office environment.
- Experience or interest in organic agriculture and or production.
- Knowledge of food safety systems and good agricultural practices (GAPs).
- Alignment with CCOF’s mission to advance organic agriculture for a healthy world.
Physical and Travel Requirements:
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and benefits such as superb health plans, 401(k) program, and generous sick/personal and vacation time. The Food Safety Certification Coordinator’s starting salary range will be $52,000 - $57,000 and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with Food Safety Certification Coordinator in the subject line:
- Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, and qualifications
- Current resume
- List of three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
CCOF is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Inclusivity is a core value at CCOF. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work and learning environments for all employees. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. Thank you for your interest in this position!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.