Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for like-minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of produce retail sales to insure satisfactory sales and profits for the company. Addressing the needs and ensuring the satisfaction of our customers. This includes assigned customers, as well as the accounts of other company salespersons.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To:
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of all markets and growing conditions.
- Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
- Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with restaurant owners, retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Organize and provide assistance for special sales and promotions.
- Participate in special projects deemed necessary to the operation and well-being of the company.
- Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
- Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
- Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos, responsibility forms and other job-related paperwork within the set time lines.
- Must have thorough knowledge and expertise of produce commodities and be capable of providing expert consulting to current and potential customers.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming skills.
- Must be quick and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Must be able to visit customer locations, valid license, insurance and own vehicle.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
What we offer:
- An amazing company culture!
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first of the month following hire.
- ESOP (Profit Sharing) and 401(k).
- Paid vacations, paid holidays and sick days.
- 100% Prepaid College Tuition for employees and their dependents.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Additional Compensation Details:
- $70-75K, Salary Dependent on Experience and Location of Role
- Potential 90-day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- Day shift, Monday-Friday, monthly Saturday rotation
*****Recruiters - DO NOT CONTACT!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.