Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. The secret to our 40+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
We are now looking for a Product Development Manager for our CP Fresh division based out of Seattle, WA.
If you are motivated by creating new, delicious fresh items and seeing them enjoyed and out in the marketplace, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, you are excited to work with the Northwest’s premier retailers, go to market with the best in fresh product quality and work with a leading company that cares for its people and its communities then Charlie’s Produce/CP Fresh is the perfect fit for you.
As a Product Development Manager, you will have a high level of technical expertise and understanding of different cooking methods, ingredients, and cuisines. You will have experience in food manufacturing processes with emphasis on efficiency of line flow, processing and cooking equipment utilization, assembly and packing. Successful candidate will possess a passion to create delicious, nutritious, sustainable, profitable, and scalable products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A refined palate, with an excellent understanding of different cooking methods and world cuisines
- Knowledge of the fresh consumer packaged goods market, with an interest in new and innovative products
- Knowledgeable of the impact of basic functional ingredients and processes on product texture
- Experience with, various commercial cook/chill equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A natural sense of inquisitiveness and curiosity
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting - you do what you say you will do
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to stringent food safety standards
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and to balance changing priorities
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on assigned work and projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with commercial product development and R&D is essential, ideally in fresh-cut CPG, Retail, foodservice and/or restaurant environments
- Curious learner who is eager to grow and own new areas of expertise as our business grows into uncharted territories
- Strong organization, prioritization and project management skills with keen ability to manage several projects and responsibilities at once
- Proficiency in the use of computer systems and software
- No ego team player excited to solve a wide range of challenges
Charlie’s Produce Compensation Package includes
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Paid holidays
- Employer-covered College Program
- Sick Pay
- 401(k) available