Christensen & Giannini, LLC is an established grower of fresh vegetables (row crops) seeking a Ranch Manager for ranches in the Salinas Valley. This individual is responsible for all growing operations of our crops. The ideal candidate will supervise and/or manage all aspects of growing high-quality produce timely and at a reasonable cost as well as meet the required specifications as communicated by the Production Manager.
We are now accepting resumes for the position of Ranch Manager in Salinas, CA.
The Ranch Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and directing a team of permanent employees and contracted employees. Timely completion of records on the crops including types of fertilizer used, sprays, wet dates, harvest dates, pesticides applied, varieties and irrigation schedules. Determine timing and coordination of fertilization, irrigation, and spraying of crops. Coordinating and carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and guidelines.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of three years growing and farming experience
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) required
- Computer knowledge a plus
- Have a high school diploma, college a plus
- Must have knowledge of irrigation methods, farm equipment operation and general maintenance.
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge and ability to drive a tractor with various implements.
- Move and maintain equipment efficiently as possible.
- Reliable and respectful of others
- Highly motivated
- Knowledge of vegetable industry quality standards and harvest operations
- Results oriented manager
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture
This is a “Hands On” position and a great opportunity with a great company!
- Wage commensurate with experience
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits
- Sick Leave
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.