Coast Produce Company is a family-owned business that has been in the produce industry for over 55 years. We procure and distribute fresh fruits and vegetables to retail, foodservice and government customers.
We now have an opening for a Procurement Manager to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
The Procurement Manager will manage and enhance relationships with current produce vendors and suppliers. Work as a team with procurement, sales, warehouse operations, and logistics. You will be responsible for securing cost-effective, quality product for all customers. You will work with all buyers on the procurement & sales team and update sales & management teams on availability of quality, competitively priced product. You will be responsible for reports on product forecast, market trends and suppliers to determine future prices and availability and maintain weekly reports of market trends, weather, and food safety alerts. You will secure and analyze quotes; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers; recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years work experience in purchasing and negotiating in the produce industry.
- Ability to read, understand and negotiate legal contracts with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field preferred but may substitute equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with Excel spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written email communication skills.
- Proven negotiating and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
We offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity to work with a great company and great clientele.