Chief Operating Officer
Our client is seeking a best-in-class Chief Operating Officer for its North American grower-shipper-processor operation. This $300MM+ business is known across the globe for its market and technological leadership. With all their success to date, the opportunities remain plentiful. This role requires a COO who will be based in British Columbia, to lead a highly respected and long-tenured operations team in a strong values-based culture.
This dynamic leader will have experience managing a multi-site indoor farming operation and the ability to motivate, unify and drive the performance. Most importantly, the new COO will have values consistent with our client’s expectations of remaining steadfast in their pursuit of excellence and always doing the right thing.
Compliance, ethics, and sustainability are more than buzz words with this organization – the new COO will not just talk-the-talk. They must also walk-the-walk. The COO will ensure the company remains steadfast in its pursuit of operational excellence, next-gen technology, and production stability, to keep customers happy and margins growing. They will have full responsibility for their P&L, reporting to the CEO and the board of directors currently made up of representatives from the international investment company and industry experts.
- Develop and lead progressive solutions which will have a direct impact on the organization's ability to meet its key objectives, and potentially to form the basis of new strategic direction
- Oversee the annual sales and operations planning and go to market strategy including KPIs and CSFs
- Provide the sales and production targets and ensure the coordination of execution between farming, shipping, packing logistics and sales
- Play a critical role in recommending direction for environmental and social policy adjustments in line with consumer expectations
- Ensuring full compliance with policies across the entire value chain with the support of the corporate leadership team
- Work closely with the corporate leadership team to ensure full alignment and coordination across the value chain from the ground to the grocery shelf in all matters
- Establish the necessary cadence of financial and operational measurement and review to ensure that any issues are flagged early and mitigated on a timely basis
- Ensuring that the teams in all areas have the training, tools and support necessary to effectively execute against the strategy
- 10-15+ years of progressive management experience with prior responsibility and/or influence over operations, sales and marketing, and the company’s or division’s P&L
- High level of expertise in the production, processes and practices related to growing fresh produce
- Experience in produce or other perishable commodities (i.e., pharmaceuticals, chemicals, etc…) Exceptional leadership skills with large, multi-cultural teams
- Ability to collaborate, motivate, coach, and supervise others
- Effective negotiating skills with the ability to influence others
- Conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically and work “outside the box”
- Able to accurately work with numbers and analyze data scrutinizing it from various perspectives and driving a culture of data-driven decision making
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.