An established grower, shipper, and marketer in the fresh produce industry is seeking out a Senior Sales Development Representative to add to their growing team. The company is an industry leader and is experiencing significant growth allowing for new opportunities and business to be generated. As a result, this role has an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth trajectory.
They are seeking an entrepreneurial salesperson with a strong table grapes sales background, a business development mindset, and the ability to work autonomously while consistently communicating with the team and company. In addition, the candidate should have a track record of building new retail accounts, the ability to successfully sell high-quality commodities, the capacity to work cross-functionally with management, operations, growers, and customers, and be motivated to help manage growth challenges that may come.
Remote based position will be considered. Some travel may be required. The company is based in Southern California.
- Developing and securing program sales ahead of seasons and working closely with retail customers.
- Retaining current customers, maintaining those accounts, increasing sales, and meeting company sales goals.
- Negotiating and writing F.O.B. orders and delivered sales.
- Consistent on-time communication with management, operations, and quality assurance teams on inventory and supply, product quality, forecasts, market conditions, opportunities, and challenges.
- Work closely and quickly with customers and prospects on pricing, quality, market conditions, product availability, and deliverability.
- Takes the lead in prospecting for new accounts.
- Periodic visits to trade shows and customers.
- Monitoring, qualifying, and reporting on market conditions, competitors’ products, and pricing to best capitalize on new opportunities.
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports for leadership.
Desired Attributes and Experience Include:
- Experience in fresh produce sales
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Knowledgeable on quality characteristics, issues, shelf life, shipping & handling aspects, import supply chain, and various pack styles.
- Strong experience working with U.S. and Canadian retail customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate with team and management with immediacy and clarity.
- Successful experience setting up programs and season-long deals.
- A highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail, understanding, and delivering on customer needs and preferences.
- Able to communicate effectively with management and team members.
Additional Requirements Include:
- Able to use internet-based sales and purchasing programs, database programs, and shipping/inventory systems, among others. (For Example, EDI, iTrade, Foodlink, Retail Link.)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Famous, or Produce Pro Software.
- College degree (B.A., B.S.) in related fields of study or equivalent preferred.
- Commodity / Category Management experience.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish - not required but preferred.
- Travel expected to customers in the US and growing regions when applicable.
- 10 years of related experience preferred.
- Experienced-based Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave
- Bonus Potential
- Retirement Plan
- Remote will be considered
- Some travel may be required
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.