Seeking an Extraordinary Retail Sales and Business Development Produce Pro in North Carolina
Are you a heavy hitter in the produce world that loves to perform beyond average? Is a successful, growing, entrepreneurial organization somewhere you can thrive? Well keep reading…
Do you want to live amongst a spectacular landscape of beaches, mountains, and plains?
A strong, respected, and flourishing grower-shipper in North Carolina is seeking to hire an exceptional and experienced FOB Salesperson to help drive sales of their leafy greens program. This person will be a key player in a successful entrepreneurial environment and compensation will be commensurate with experience. A top performer will receive top pay!
Make no mistake, this is a top job for an exceptional salesperson who has proven themselves over the past 10 years or more, and with plenty of "fire in their belly" to make things happen, and the intelligence and right attitude to keep all stakeholders happy and informed.
Our client’s highly competitive compensation plan takes into consideration experience and prior achievements and then rewards performance. They also offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, vacation, sick leave, and a generous 401k plan.
This is a well-funded grower shipper who is intent on continued smart growth. They are not seeking someone to merely “ride the rocket,” but rather drive it! Passengers need not apply.
- Manage and develop program sales and contracts with existing national retail accounts as well as new business
- Initiate, develop, and execute sales for designated accounts across total product offering including all grades and sizes
- Maintain a zero-floor count across multiple warehouses
- Collect market information for various items across different grades and sizes and communicate in efficient manner to team
- Maintain relevant customer data in customer relationship management program
- Enter and track orders based on individual customer systems (some manual some automated)
- Work with customers and accounting to resolve deductions and to enforce payment terms with regards to both days paid and credit balances
- Resolve all claims and arrival problems through proper documentation and inspections and communication with supply chain members
- Must be able to sell/develop new business as well as manage accounts
- 10+ years of proven transactional sales experience specifically in retail
- Must have knowledge and experience with PACA rules and how to manage business accordingly
- Must have built in knowledge of produce; specifically leafy greens
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with the various levels of decision makers - VP, Directors, category managers and buyers
- A team player, with proven ability to work with everyone, from the field/warehouse, to customer, team members, management, and ownership
- Must be versed in sales techniques, on the phone, in person, and in negotiation skills
- Must have proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Must have a good understanding of order system software (in-house and online)
- Must have a general understanding of receivables and deductions
- Must understand overall company sales priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall company profitability
- Bilingual is not required but is a plus
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.